It has been nearly a year since the novel Corona virus pandemic changed our lives and practice in dramatic ways. I would like to thank all my patients for the care and respect they show by coming to their appointments with masks sanitized hands. We are at the start of vaccination administration. Hopefully that will bring protection and safety to those most at risk of severe illness. I would like to think that by the end of this year we may be able to gather in groups again and share celebrations and hand shakes. For now, I’d like to update current and future clients on current Covid practices in the clinic and in the spa.
High-quality and safe patient care continues to be my top priority. My goal is to be the most effective physician I can be while keeping people safe and healthy. Second, there are a lot of ways to stay connected and to avoid having skin or surgical conditions worsen while we wait for the relaxation of some social distancing recommendations.
At the IDI office we are open for most visits and treatments. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- We will ask you a series of screening questions to ensure there is the lowest possible risk of COVID transmission at your visit. If you have any symptoms, please let us know.
- We are currently scheduling patients with 15-minute gaps between appointments, so people maintain a proper social distance.
- No Waiting Room! While our waiting room now has chairs spaced 6 feet apart, out hope is that patients can actually wait in their cars for their exam room to be ready. Just call the front desk when you arrive, and we will let you know when to come up.
- COVID Testing: If you have travelled outside of the state in the past 14 days we ask that you quarantine until you have been within the state of Illinois for 10 days without symptoms of Covid prior to any scheduled visit at the office. If you have surgery planned, you will need a negative PCR-Covid test within 72 hours of your surgery. For emergency surgeries, a rapid test may be allowable. Contact Brooks for further information.
- Enhanced cleanliness -we continue to sanitize all door handles, countertops and exam rooms following each and every visit.
- PPE -You must wear your own mask. If you forget yours we can provide you with one if needed. All employees and physicians will be wearing masks during your entire visit. We will continue to do this until there is a scientifically sound reason to adjust this practice.
- Touchless pay options -for any and all purchases or credit card copayments we can store your credit card securely and use it for payments without needing to swipe.
- Telehealth visits! We are offering all new and established patients the option of having a face to face video consultation or follow up in the comfort of your home! Don’t worry about dressing up, wear the most comfortable and soft clothes you can find!
- EMERGENCY!! If you or anyone you know suffers a laceration, burn or has a wound that appears infected AVOID the ER and contact us directly at 847-675-9711. We will take care of you in the office ASAP.
What you can do:
- Stay engaged with us! Follow us on Instagram @drsaradickie, @idiskokie or @1_mag_medspa
- Keep practicing personal skin health by wearing sunscreen and following your skincare routine.
- Take time for yourself! Do you have personal health questions or things you’ve always wanted to ask a plastic surgeon (like, all our secrets!?!) email me firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on Instagram @drsaradickie. I’d love to hear from you.
- If you need products don’t hesitate to call us and order, we can have your products packaged and ready for you to pick up. You can also purchase SkinBetter Science from our online provider store at https://skinbetter.pro//idi-skokie. Obagi and Image products are available through One Magnificent Medspa for door to door delivery by calling (847) 503-9056 or visiting the website https://onemagnificentmedspa.com